While everyone on the start line shares the goal of making it to the finish, each athlete take's their own journey to get there. This journey begins in the swim. We want to help you find the right wetsuit to start your day off with a great swim. There are various factors that determine which wetsuit is right for you - water temperature and time in the water are among the most important factors. We have put together a chart to help you determine which deboer wetsuit is right for you.
The Ocean 1.0 wetsuit is ideal for athletes who:
- find they get cold in the water very easily
- swim in cold water
- often swim for 100-minutes (1:40) or longer
- swim at a lower perceived effort (generating less body heat)
- include breaststroke, or temporary pauses during their swim
- are focused on comfort throughout the day
The Fjord 2.0 wetsuit is ideal for athletes who:
- are focused on maximizing race day performance
- do not regularly swim in cold water
- swim at a higher perceived effort (generating more body heat)
- typically swim for under 100-minutes (1:40)
The Flōh 2.0 wetsuit is ideal for athletes who:
- are focused on optimal performance, but find they get cold in water other athletes find comfortable
- anxiously check water temperatures leading up to a race because of concerns over cool temperatures
- often swim in cool water temperatures
If you asked 10 athletes on the start line of an IRONMAN 'what is their approach to the swim?', you will likely get 10 different answers. Athletes who are great swimmers will likely aim to push their advantage, while athletes who are preparing for a long day ahead may approach the swim as a warm-up for the bike and the run. Athletes with a specific time or placing goal may aim to find a good group to swim with, and athletes looking to enjoy their day may look for open water to avoid contact. Finding the right wetsuit for your race will help you feel more comfortable and confident throughout the swim, setting yourself up to have your best race.
If you have any questions about which wetsuit is right for you, or if you need help determine which size wetsuit will fit best, please contact us via our online form, or email us at email@example.com.